No pastry making involved because this is how cheats do dessert!
Ready for this? You’ll cry at how simple it is…
• Ready made sweet pastry cases from the supermarket
• Lemon curd
• Canned pear halves
• 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
• 2 egg whites
• 1/2 cup of caster sugar
1. Turn oven on to 190C
2. Lay your pastry cases out on a baking tray
3. Spoon about a teaspoon of lemon curd into the bottom of each pastry case. (You could make your own but I used lemon curd from a jar, because this is the cheats dessert, after all)
4. Pop a pear half on top of the lemon curd (you may have to trim it a bit)
5. Put your egg whites and caster sugar in a bowl and mix on high until stiff peaks appear.
6. Add a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste and mix into the meringue gently
7. Pile the meringue on the top of your tarts
8. Place tarts in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes or until the peaks of the meringue start to turn a golden brown colour.
And they taste fab.
Eat with a cup of tea in the afternoon or with a scoop of ice-cram after dinner….or you know, both.
And quite honestly, who can produce anything beautiful in that?!
Hopefully, with fingers firmly crossed, it will be finished by the end of today…hopefully.
Enjoy your tarts!